Thursday, August 6, 2009

99 Days

If I am lucky enough to cook this baby until he's well done, I have an estimated 99 days until he is born. This makes me remember fondly the night I turned ten. As I fell asleep, something occurred to me and I excitedly called my mom in to tell her.

"I'm double digits now!"

She seemed amused by this observation, as she probably would be today if I told her this again. Much like that time, I don't think she'd really realize the weight of it for me. Simply put, I never thought I'd get this far. If luck continues to treat me with the same regard as it has in the past several months, I suspect I'll be saying this for the rest of my life.

If the next 100 days are anything like the last, they will be filled with pure anxiety, pure joy, pure disbelief and ultimately, a generally medically textbook pregnancy experience. I can only hope.

8 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Happy double digits! Hope that the next hundred days go as well as the first hundred, but that you can enjoy them even more.

The Swann's said...

YIPPEE Double digits!!!!! :-) I hope they fly by... How's that nursery coming along? And de-cluttering?? You started me on that... :-) Now I'm ready for a yard sale! hahaha!

Michelle said...

OMG only 99days left. I hope that it goes by fast and very uneventful!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sending you and your precious baby all the best!

Lost in Space said...

So glad all is going so well, Shelby! You are really in the home stretch now!

I'm sorry your raging bladder infection gave you such a scare and glad that all is okay now.

As far as the clutter, is it twisted that I get anxious and excited wanting to come make order out of chaos whenever I hear of someone needing help? LOL. I love me some rubbermaid bins and a label maker... It looks like you got some great advice about getting the beast under wraps. My best piece of advice would be to get yourself on a donation list and fully commit to donating. We receive a monthly call from an organization letting us know when they will be in our neighborhood. Every month I can find at least a few things (clothes, home-goods, furniture, etc.) that I am willing to part with (and for a good cause with a tax write off). (-;

Lisa said...

Cook, baby, cook!

Can't wait to meet Baby G. :)

Counting down with you...

AnotherDreamer said...

Woohoo for getting in the double digits :)

Tara said...

Yay for double digits!!! That is AWESOME!!!

De-cluttering - give it away to the goodwill. You won't miss it, I promise. That's about the clothes and stuff. The old bills -SHRED THEM!!! My husband keeps all of those, too. I don't get it. You can access them online if you really need to,babe :)