I am back with the gratuitous posting as I'm still waiting on prints to clear before they let me step foot onto campus. Did I kill someone and not know about it? What is taking so long? This is driving me nuts. I don't do unemployment well (ok, it's not technically unemployment, but I should be working right now).
To illustrate this, exhibit A: further organization of the IF medical records. I realized several things as I combed through the 140 pages and organized them by date and patient in a sparkly new binder:
1. I need to get a life. Or a hobby.
2. Our IF records are not 140+ pages. There are many duplicates and, in some cases, triplicates of our records. While our file is still formidable, it's not quite the masterpiece it once appeared to be.
3. I'm embarrassed to say this, but this was the first time I actually sat down and really read through the files, piece-by-ever loving-piece. During this, I realized I was mistaken on several details.
4. First, we have always been diagnosed just male factor. Because of the regularity of my periods, etc., I was never actually diagnosed as anovulatory. BUT...there have been a few pesky incidents of the elusive Ms. AF since then and early reports of possible cysts and high E2 values 2 years ago (no longer seeming to be an issue). Must investigate further...or maybe I'm just beating a dead horse, looking for answers that may be too slippery to find or that have already been found.
5. While my doctor mentioned possibly seeing an FSH of 12.4, I found no record of this, at all. My FSHs ranged from 3.4-to the current 7.4.
6. While those FSH numbers look good, I see a trend over these two years of active treatment. Neither of us are getting any more fertile. I'm believing the age/fertility correlation because I see it in our numbers. As I watch my FSH quickly paddle it's way up, Mr. S's SA are getting progressively worse. This makes me even less optimistic for less invasive approaches.
7. In collecting all of the receipts together, I am beginning to realize the amount of money we have already dropped on a non-existent baby. Ain't this the truth?